Narok water and Sewerage Services Company Limited (NARWASSCO)
Narok water and Sewerage Services Company Limited (NARWASSCO) is a public company Limited by shares and was established on 27th February 2006 under the Companies Act, cap 486 laws of Kenya. At county level, NARWASSCO is represented by the County Executive Committee Member for Environment. Water and Natural Resources who is responsible for the general policy and strategic direction of the company. NARWASSCO is domiciled in Narok, Kenya and has schemes in Ololulunga and currently undertaking Suswa, Kilgoris, Entasekera and Sogoo schemes.
The principal activity of NARWASSCO is to supply affordable, clean water and sewerage services to Narok town, Ololulunga town and its environs in a financially sustainable manner and within government regulations.
Functions and Powers of the Board
The functions of the Board shall be, on behalf of the Narok County Government, to:
- Establish and abolish offices in the Narok County Public Service.
- Appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within Narok County and to confirm appointments.
- Exercise disciplinary control over, and remove, persons holding or acting in those offices in accordance with the law.
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the Narok County Assembly on the execution of the functions of the Board.
- Promote in the Narok County Public Service the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Evaluate and report to the Narok County Assembly on the extent to which the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution are complied with in the county public service.
- Facilitate the development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in Narok County.
- Advise Narok County Government on human resource management and development.
- Advise Narok County Government on implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in the county.
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, on behalf of Narok County Government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for Narok County Public Service employees.
- To maintain and expand water and sanitation infrastructure so as to increase water service coverage.
- To ensure Effective and Efficient Water Supply and Sanitation in the plan period.
- To enhance financial and commercial sustainability in order to facilitate infrastructure development and operational efficiency of the company.
- To strengthen internal processes and build a strong and committed team of human resource that enhances efficiency in service delivery.
- To ensure the Provision of high-Quality Water and Sewerage Services at a cost -Effective Rate to the Satisfaction of the Stakeholders.
- To enhance Environmental Management.
- To enhance Social Inclusivity.
- To foster collaboration with actors and stakeholders for increased commitment and participation towards delivering the mandate of the company.
Water and Sewerage services for all.
To provide effective water and sewerage services in Narok and its environs for socio-economic development.